When you’re having to learn every rule and regulations of the English language, it can be somewhat intimidating and not always that. And this is especially so, if the student’s natural leanings are towards the study of math or science.
Parents or cases of returning adult students, may find themselves in need of the skilled services of a good English tutor to provide some valuable insight and encouragement.
- But, how do you go about tracking down such a qualified English tutor?
And how odd to think that one is easily possible with just a simple phone call or email away, or maybe nearby in your own neighbourhood! Remember, that English tutors are typically found working independently or for a reputable learning centre.
One way to find a qualified instructor, be they an English or Math tutor, is by placing a classified ad in local newspapers. In the ad, remember to include a short description of what the student’s grade level or course name is.
- If you have any personal preferences as in a male of female tutor, you should mention it also.
This kind of classified ad should read something like “English tutor wanted for fifth grade child with special needs” or “English tutor needed to teach non-native speaker with access only to public transportation and at weekends only”. Any ad should finish with contact information.
- You may inevitably screen a number of applicants before deciding on one who is suitable and the ideal English tutor.
Academic Institutes Can Produce Good Results
Another source for finding a good English tutor, is in a student’s school or college’s English department. You may possibly find an instructor who will be willing to provide some private English tutoring to help improve his or her income.
- And even if your child’s regular teacher doesn’t have any available spare time, they may know somebody who does, such as a teacher’s assistant or qualified substitute teacher.
Places like the college English department, might even provide a campus tutoring course for both math and English students. There are a number of colleges which have a list of peer-to-peer tutors who are often available off-campus.
And Becoming Increasingly Popular
Here in Australia, there are specialised learning centres which specialise in matching up a qualified English tutor with the right type of student.
- These professional services are not only affordable, but they can provide skilled intensive one-on-one learning for any student who is looking at the dour possibility of having to repeat a grade.
Other Places You Can Try
It has also been known for some churches to offer tutoring programmes as part of an after-school ministerial programme.
- Any adult students out there in need may just be able to find a qualified English tutor by consulting with an adult literacy organisation.
Why not spend a little bit of your time online and with a search engine, you will inevitably find a tutoring experience which will be perfectly suitable for you and all of your needs.